- You must leave your lake card at the office before you start fishing.
- Know what areas you are allowed to fish by looking at the map and asking for clarification from the staff.
- Lakefront and lake access residents must follow the rules and register catches so that lake management can monitor approximate fish numbers – call the office with your catch numbers (403) 254-4148
- One guest allowed to fish with one resident and guests need to follow all of the fishing rules
- Ice fishing is only permitted when the CRA determines has removed the “Danger Thin Ice” signs and the Green Flag is flying.
- Fishermen can only have 1 open hole at any given time. All holes must be filled and packed with snow prior to drilling a new one.
- All holes must be a minimum of 5 feet apart. Ice fishing huts are allowed but may not be left up overnight.
- Pack your fishing hole with snow before you go home for the day.
Take your perch with you – do not leave them on the ice.
- Rod and hook fishing only – no net fishing
- Barbless hooks only
- One rod per fisher
Lake Chaparral Ice Fishing Areas Map