Chaparral Residents’ Association Ltd.
A member wanting to fish must leave their lake card at the facility office before commencing to fish. Residents are to register the number of fish caught, at the facility office before leaving the park.
Lake fishing limits for all homes are:
- 2 fish/day/per household
- Maximum monthly limit per household is 12 fish.
All Perch caught are to be kept or disposed properly. Perch are not be returned to the lake.
Catching and keeping of Grass Carp is not permitted. Grass Carp are to be released immediately and safely returned to the lake.
Lake lot members must comply with fish limits and register catches so that lake management can monitor approximate fish numbers.
Fishing is only allowed in the following locations and subject to the following conditions:
- along the shoreline in the designated park area west of the boat ramp;
- from row boats and canoes away from dock and beach areas;
- from the shore of individual lake or lake access lots;
- Feeding or baiting fish to lure them to a specific area within the lake is prohibited;
- fishing by means of netting or trapping is prohibited. Fishing with hook and rod only, is permitted;
- one fishing rod per person;
- one guest per member can fish;
- any fish kept will be counted under the members household limit; and
- it is the responsibility of each member to ensure that their guest adheres to all fishing regulations
- Storing of trapped fish within the lake is not allowed
- Members or guests may NOT use corn or live bait when fishing
- All Trout smaller than 14 inches in length must be released
- Cleaning fish inside the park is not permitted at any time.
The rules regarding catch and release require:
- lip hooking
- no use of a fishing net;
- no live bait;
- proper minimal handling of the fish and removal of hook with pliers; and
- use of barb-less hooks
The recommended bait to use in fishing includes:
- cheese slices
- power bait
- fresh white bread
- small hooks and fly-fishing flies
To insure a healthy ecosystem for the stocked fish, there is absolutely no introduction of live fish to the lake.
- All general fishing rules apply as expressly stated herein.
- Ice Fishing is only permitted when the CRA determines has removed the Danger Thin Ice signs.
- Ice fishing is permitted anywhere within the cleared skating path but not within 10 meters of any prepared ice surface (skating path and hockey rinks.) All surfaces may have rough spots so please use caution.
- Fishermen can only have 1 open hole at any given time. All holes must be filled and packed with snow prior to drilling a new one.
- All holes must be a minimum of 5 feet apart. Ice fishing huts are allowed but may not be left up overnight.
- No more than one guest per member is permitted to fish.
Lake Chaparral Ice Fishing Areas Map