DATE: Sunday, June 11th, 2023
Each year, the Chaparral Community Association (CCA) organizes a community cleanup (free of charge) in the LCRA Overflow Lot to save residents a trip to the landfill for items that do not fit in their waste and recycling carts, as well as for those who do not have access to cart service.
Simply bring any accepted items (the list of prohibited items is below) to the Lake Chaparral Overflow Parking Lot (right off Chaparral Drive), where a group of volunteers will provide direction and assistance in recycling/discarding items.
Prohibited Items include:
- Organic waste
- Batteries, paint, household chemicals
- Liquids (motor oil, etc.)
- Smoke detectors
- Refrigerators, freezers, microwaves
- Pressure containers (i.e., propane tanks, etc.)
- Railroad ties
- Large amounts of sod or concrete
- Medical waste and expired prescription drug